[council]

[council] Paul Kane to retire from NC.

Fellow NC Members

I intend to retire from the Names Council soon after the next NC call on
October 11th.  I will be advising the Registrar's Constituency that I
will not be standing for re-election to enable me to concentrate on
other activities.

The support I have received from so many of you is very much appreciated
and I will try to reciprocate the good will shown.  Whilst domain name
activities represent around 20% of my corporate activities I hope to be
able to continue to be able to participate in the ICANN process.

Over the last 5 years many of you know my staff and I have been quietly
active in building robust technical environments and stable political
markets for competitive Registrar (and latterly gTLD Registry)
businesses to
prosper. Members of my staff will continue to participate in the IETF
(as members of the EPP design team for example) but in the political
arena we will be taking a sabbatical.

I have enjoyed working with you all, at an academic level the "issues"
have been stimulating; at a political level, very interesting; and at a
practical level the NC is making progress at addressing challenging
issues. Keep up the good work!

Best regards to all

Paul.