[council]

[council] Re: Objection

Danny,
Thanks for your observation.
At this point it doesn't hurt to have position papers from any TF members, though you are correct that its
status vis-a-vis the "official" B&C constituency needs
to be clarified.

I am glad you raise this point, however, because in my
discussions in Washington with Marilyn Cade and others
the proposals to restrict ORG to "organizations" or
for a special dispute process were not broached.
On the contrary, I went away with the impression that
the North American members were more concerned with
keeping ORG open to business-related web sites and
special initiatives that might be more appropriate
in ORG than in COM.

I believe that there is a diversity of opinion on
that subject, both within the B&C and apparently on
the TF. If ICANN mgmt gives us the proper amount of
time, it probably can be worked out.

>>> <DannyYounger@cs.com> 08/18/01 11:34 AM >>>
On behalf of the GA (which awaits the election of its representative to the
.org Task Force) and as a member of the BC, I most strenuously object to the
comments put forth on the NC-ORG list by Grant Forsythe that purports to be
the input of the BC.