[council]

[council] Re: Objection

Dear Marilyn,

When the Secretariat of the BC discriminates against its SMEs by not even
listing them on the membership roster, this is patently offensive.
Jean-François C. (Jefsey) Morfin, Bruce James, and I are all members of the
constituency, yet our businesses are not listed.

Of course, I am sure that you will comment that the Secretariat has only
temporarily misplaced us.

Perhaps you will also tell me that the Secretariat has misplaced the Charter
requirement for "democratic elections for representatives of organizations of
small and medium  sized businesses (SMEs) to sit on an SME Consultative
Committee whose advice shall be solicited on substantive policy work items."

You speak of many associations who are members of the BC who also represent
SME's.   While AT&T (for example) may have many SME clients, I would not
consider such a business, nor its representative, to be the voice of the
SMEs.

Your Constituency has shirked its responsibilty to involve the small business
community and has put forth the position that .ORG should be a restricted
registry.  How can you claim that comments cited in
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-org/Arc00/msg00009.html  are consistent
with the BC's position on this matter, when the position has yet to be
determined by your own constituency?   I seriously doubt that most SMEs seek
to have a restricted .ORG.

Your fellow BC Council representatives are making declaratory statements of
position prior to the receipt of input from the membership.  There is no
consultation, only pronouncements.   You are not running a private club for
the sole benefit of Telcoms and Intellectual Property interests; you have a
fiduciary responsibility to the rest of the business community as well.

You have asked that I contact one of the BC representatives to see if you can
be of assistance in understanding and assisting with questions, issues, or
concerns.  How many times have I personally spoken with you regarding the
fact that the BC does not publicly archive any of its discussions?  You seek
to avoid any effort to become open and transparent.

Your work-product is solely created by BC/NC reps for the benefit of the
cabal and does not flow through the committee process as mandated by the
Charter.

I have asked Stuart Lynn to review your constituency's Charter and ByLaws
violations, and have asked that your status as a constituency be suspended
until you cure these deficiencies:
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga/Arc08/msg00643.html