[council]

[council] Results of vote on Motion to the UDRP Review and Evaluation ToR

11 August 2001, 20:00 UTC (22:00 Paris time)

Re: b07

Vote by the Names Council on Motion to the UDRP Review and Evaluation ToR.

Vote result:
Fifteen NC members out of twenty one (15 out of 21) took part to vote,
71 percent.
The motion is adopted by 9 "agree", 1 "disagree", 5 "abstain".

DNSO Secretariat
--

Motion:
-------

 The provision in the UDRP Review Terms of Reference
 excluding from participation members of the "small
 drafting committee" that worked on the original
 UDRP is rescinded.

The UDRP Review and Evaluation, Terms of Reference,
were adopted during the NC teleconference on 29 July 2001, cf:
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/20010629.NCtelecon-minutes.html

      Decision D2: UDRP Interim Group recommendations were
      accepted with two additional items:

       - all individual that had participated in a drafting
         of the original UDRP should be excluded from this process;

       - an independent expert as an additional TF member.

The adopted UDRP Review and Evaluation ToR are quoted in minutes, also at
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/2001.NC-tor-UDRP-Review-Evaluation.html

The time for this NC vote was:
------------------------------
    Starting Friday,  03 August 2001, 09:30 Paris time (07:30 UTC), now,
    Ending   Friday,  10 August 2001, 23:59 your local time
             or when all 21 ballots from the NC has been received,
             whatever occurs first.
The results were due no later than 11 August 2001, 24:00
Paris time (22:00 UTC).

The complete vote record:
-------------------------

Ballot sent with       3 choices
           b07:[ ] I agree on the UDRP Review ToR motion
           b07:[ ] I disagree on the UDRP Review ToR motion
           b07:[ ] I abstain

Electorate of      21 persons, casting one vote each
Ballots received from      15 persons (sorted by arrival time)
           Elisabeth Porteneuve
           Philip Sheppard
           Ken Stubbs
           Peter de Blanc
           Antonio Harris
           Milton Mueller
           Greg Ruth
           Guillermo Carey
           Erica Roberts
           Grant Forsyth
           Youn Jung Park
           Axel Aus der Muhlen
           Roger Cochetti
           Caroline Chicoine
           Nilda Vany Martinez Grajales

Casted votes (sorted by personal code)
           b07:K10d1Z casted  1 votes
           b07:K12e2Z casted  1 votes
           b07:K140cZ casted  1 votes
           b07:K1709Z casted  1 votes
           b07:K1a3dZ casted  0 votes
           b07:K3018Z casted  1 votes
           b07:K4902Z casted  1 votes
           b07:K601cZ casted  1 votes
           b07:K84b3Z casted  1 votes
           b07:K85cbZ casted  1 votes
           b07:Ka40cZ casted  1 votes
           b07:Kc0efZ casted  1 votes
           b07:Kd531Z casted  1 votes
           b07:Kdec6Z casted  1 votes
           b07:Kf67fZ casted  1 votes

Nb of casted votes      14
Vote results, full list:
           9 I agree on the UDRP Review ToR motion
           4 I abstain
           1 I disagree on the UDRP Review ToR motion
           1 empty ballot
The empty ballot is counted as "abstain".

Public results (sorted by personal code)
 b07:K10d1Z:[X] I agree on the UDRP Review ToR motion
 b07:K12e2Z:[ x ] I agree on the UDRP Review ToR motion
 b07:K140cZ:[ x] I agree on the UDRP Review ToR motion
 b07:K1709Z:[X] I agree on the UDRP Review ToR motion
 b07:K3018Z:[X] I agree on the UDRP Review ToR motion
 b07:K4902Z:[X ] I abstain
 b07:K601cZ:[X ] I abstain
 b07:K84b3Z:[X ] I agree on the UDRP Review ToR motion
 b07:K85cbZ:[X] I agree on the UDRP Review ToR motion
 b07:Ka40cZ:[ X] I abstain
 b07:Kc0efZ:[X] I agree on the UDRP Review ToR motion
 b07:Kd531Z:[X] I abstain
 b07:Kdec6Z:[x ] I agree on the UDRP Review ToR motion
 b07:Kf67fZ:[x ] I disagree on the UDRP Review ToR motion
 b07:K1a3dZ:    abstention