[council]

[council] Re: A question regarding the NC Vote

Good morning Marilyn,

An entire constituency has declared that the Names Council has not been
attentive to their needs, and that as a result of this long-festering issue
they have resolved to withdraw from the DNSO and have decided to no longer
fund the operation of the DNSO.

Your response to this situation as a member of the business constituency has
been to declare your support for their departure, rather than acting to
address their concerns and issues.   My reaction to your constituency's
gratuitous self-serving public display of support for the departure of the
ccTLDs is nausea.   It sickens me that you have not endeavored to act to
resolve the problem.

Have I heard you, or any of your Council associates, asking your fellow ccTLD
members to sit down and discuss the matter?  No.  You appear to be perfectly
content in ignoring their concerns (to the same degree that the Council is
willing to ignore the demand for an individuals' constituency that has been
on the table in the DNSO since Day One).

The ccTLD Constituency is fortunate.  They can divorce themselves from a
Council that has shown little concern for their problems... we in the GA are
stuck with your collective mismanagement.

This Council has repeatedly shown itself to be capable only of either burying
its head in the sand and ignoring the issues, or procrastinating ad nauseum
in order to avoid the issues.   Collectively you wouldn't recognize consensus
if it bit you in the butt.  Its no wonder you that you are still searching
for a "practical definition".

If this Council won't take seriously the major concerns that a member
constituency has articulated, then why do we even need a Names Council?   A
constituency has voted to withdraw from the DNSO and its not even on your
Council agenda for discussion.  Perhaps it's more important to organize your
Council dinner in Montevideo...

Should the ccTLDs have the right to vote in this upcoming Board election?
Why not ask them if they are still members prior to taking the vote?  This
might even constitute the beginning of discussions with an aggrieved and
impacted party.