[council]

[council] Draft Rules for non-NC members

With respect to the interim committee (having been on the UDRP Review
interim committee), there may be a problem dissolving it immediately upon
approval of the action plan.  In our case, the interim committee still needs
to do some work assembling the Task Force, and I can imagine there will be
many instances where there will need to be some transition from he interim
committee to the Task Force stage.

I also think that we need to indicate that the members of each of these
group will select their Chair once formed.

Also, with respect to the Task Force, this does not seem to address the
issue where we may want to bring in an expert that is not from a
Constituency.    If such an expert was recommended at the interim committee
phase, the NC would have to approve the terms of reference and if we thought
it was inappropriate, we could voice our concern then.  But if everyone is
on board, then we would leave the nomination of the expert to the Task Force
once it was formed.  Since the Task Force has one member or representative
from each Constituency, there should be no concern to leave this matter to
the Task Force.  This is just one way of approaching.  I open to other
suggestions, but I believe we need to deal with it.

Finally, even though one of the Constituency members on the Task Force will
be a Chair, I presume that he or she will have the same "powers" as everyone
else on the Task Force (IE just because they are Chair, they are not
precluded from voting where voting is necessary).  If others feel this
should not be the case, then that Constituency should be able to put forth
another person.

Sorry for the lateness of my response Philip.  Hope some of these ideas can
still be incorporated.

Caroline G. Chicoine
Thompson Coburn LLP
One Firstar Plaza