From: owner-council@dnso.org [mailto:owner-council@dnso.org]On Behalf Of
Milton Mueller
Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2001 7:58 PM
To: philip.sheppard@aim.be; kstubbs@digitel.net; council@dnso.org
Subject: Re: [council] Alt roots NC group

Philip:
My understanding of the charge of this small committee was to prepare a
"briefing paper" the sole purpose of which was to educate NC members
about the relationship between the technology of DNS and the economic
and policy issues related to alt roots.

My understanding was that we were simply going to collect a series of
documents that people could read, and perhaps prepare a summary
of them.

Happy to see Grant chair to committee, but as the statement he prepared
is not technical and makes policy judgments I don't think it's appropriate
as a starting point.

>>> "Philip Sheppard" <philip.sheppard@aim.be> 05/11/01 03:39AM >>>
As the group will be using Grant's paper as  a starting point could I ask if
Grant is willing to chair ? (Apologies for not doing this on the call - its
just that a chair is useful to move things along).

Philip.