[council]

Re: [council] DRAFT NC position on Versign

Sorry, I send the corrected version, second paragraph should read:
"should NOT be allowed"

I support most of the Peter's comments, although we should express our concerns about the process.

Also, I am interested in being more general, in one aspect that Peter mentioned, which is the CAPs issue. I would propose that any TLD (it doesn't matter it is a gtld o cctld) should NOT be allowed to set them (CAPs) because it means the rich ones would pay less and the poor ones more.

Another, speaking about this sort of generalization, I recommend that ICANN refrain to negotiate agreements with single Registries. If we want a fair Internet, and promote competition, the way should be same conditions to every gTLD registry when it comes to policies.

So, if we just have two choices (A or B) I'd choose B, but it doesn't means it
is the best solution, neither it means I fully support the way ICANN staff is
conducting this negotiations with a single Registry.

Oscar