[council]

Re: [council] DRAFT NC position on Versign

Here, you my find my personal comments:

I support most of the Peter's comments, although we should express our concerns about the process.

Also, I am interested in being more general, in one aspect that Peter mentioned, which is the CAPs issue. I would propose that any TLD (it doesn't matter it is a gtld o cctld) should be allowed to set them (CAPs) because it means the rich ones would pay less and the poor ones more.

Another, speaking about this sort of generalization, I recommend that ICANN refrain to negotiate agreements with single Registries. If we want a fair Internet, and promote competition, the way should be same conditions to every gTLD registry when it comes to policies.

So, if we just have two choices (A or B) I'd choose B, but it doesn't means it is the best solution, neither it means I fully support the way ICANN staff is conducting this negotiations with a single Registry.

	    Regards,

                Oscar A. Robles Garay
Centro de Servicios de Informacion y Registro en Internet
   Direccion de Informatica    ITESM, Campus Monterrey
   NIC-Mexico  Top Level Domain .MX  http://www.nic.mx
               Tel/Fax. +52(8)387-5346