[council]

Re: [council] gTLD CONSTITUENCY

I have a question about the gTLD constituency.

It seems to me that there are now at least 25 recognized generic TLD operators or applicants. 7 of them were authorized to get new contracts back in November. Of the remaining dozen or so, ICANN Staff has repeatedly said that their applications are not rejected but are basically "on hold" awaiting the results of the so-called "proof of concept."

Why are these organizations not included in the gTLD constituency?

Are these registries and registry applicants not deserving of representation in the DNSO? This is particularly difficult to understand for the 7 new registries. Why has the DNSO not quickly taken measures to create a REAL gTLD constituency?

In the current discussions of the revised Verisign contract, it would be extremely useful to have input and representation from other registries besides Verisign.