[council]

Re: [council] NCtelecon 21 September 2000, minutes

Elisabeth,
one more correction on the press release.
My understanding and I believe that of Paul Kane's and Ken Stubbs, was that
Paul and Philip would draft the release between them, check out facts/legal
position via Louis and then ask Ken as chair to sign off on it.  That is
what we did. We had agreed that a message should be got out quickly.

The idea of submitting a press release to be re-edited by the Names Council
and for everyone to agree to it was to my understanding not the case. Had
that been the case I would:
1. have argued against it - it takes too long and risks the text being
changed piecemeal as opposed to a coherent whole written in a style to
attract interest from editors
2. probably have withdrawn my offer to draft a release that would be subject
to such an editorial board!!!

Philip