[council]

RE: [council] upcoming teleconference thursday september 21

I am confortable with a short postponement.  My travel schedule is a bit fluid
at this time but |I expect to be able to participate 28 Sep from Aust.

regards,
erica

>===== Original Message From kstubbs@digitel.net (Digitel - Ken Stubbs) =====
>after watching the opening ceremonies of the games in sydney, let me say
>
>G'DAY FELLOW MEMBERS.....
>
>as you are all aware, we have a scheduled teleconference set up for september
21st .

>i have had very little input from the names council members regarding
prosp[ective agenda items and considering the fact that we have just come off
summer holidays and their usual distractions. i will pose a question to all of
you..

>would it not be more effective to re-schedule the 21st teleconference to the
28th  at 08:30 usa eastern time (this time provides for somewhat practical
hours for all attendees) ?

>this would give us an opportunity to review the reports of the budget
committee and , hopefully a rough draft of proposed DNSO review committee
methodology. it would also give us more time for reflection and the
opportunity to provide more constructive suggestions to the members of that
committee as well.

>we also have the task of looking more closely at how to more effectively
involve the individual internet users in the policy formation process. their
have been suggestions that a working group be formed in this area but,
frankly, to this point , i have heard very little from the other council
members, (beside YJ), on exactly how to deal with this process more
effectively.

>it is primarily for these reasons that i am suggesting that we put off the
teleconference for 1 week and re-schedule the conference to september 28th.

>i really need your input on this request and will assume that if i do not
hear any significant "human cry" against this suggestion that you are
comfortable with same.