[council]

Re: [council] ICANN BoD member selection -- next week votingteleconferences

NC Colleagues,

I regret that I am travelling this coming week and will be unable to
participate in the voting teleconferences.  I hope to make appropriate
proxy arrangements.

Thanks
Dennis

Elisabeth Porteneuve wrote:

> Dear NC Members,
>
> This is a brief summary of voting procedures for the ICANN Board
> Member selection next week (11-16 September 2000), validated today,
> 7 September, with ICANN legal counsel Louis Touton.
>
> Roger Cochetti will kindly provide bridge, you will be informed
> by Athena McAllister.
>
> Three most important:
>     (1) please make yourself available for 3 days telecons
>     Thursday 14 September 14:00 CET (12:00 UTC), 2 hours
>     Friday   15 September 14:00 CET (12:00 UTC), 2 hours
>     Saturday 16 September 14:00 CET (12:00 UTC), 2 hours
>     (2) remember the NC MUST DELIVER the selected director
>     no later than 16 SEPTEMBER (legal constraint)
>     (3) the preliminary ballot is DIFFERENT from subsequent
>     real votes (3 votes per person vs 1 vote per person)
>
> Thank you very much for your collaboration,
> Elisabeth
> --
>
> The on-going endorsements will close on
>     Monday 11 September 2000 at 18:00 CET (16:00 UTC).
>
> Currently we have 4 candidates (the fifth one withdrawn),
> all of them received more than 10 valid endorsements, therefore
> qualify for the NC selection.
> The statements of acceptance by candidates as well as all endorsements
> are accessible from the DNSO website, the fast track is:
> - James P. Love      http://www.dnso.org/nominees/2000.jlo.html
> - Peter de Blanc     http://www.dnso.org/nominees/2000.pdb.html
> - Ronald N. Weikers  http://www.dnso.org/nominees/2000.rwe.html
> - Jonathan Cohen     http://www.dnso.org/nominees/2000.jco.html
> * James P. Love works for the Consumer Project on Technology, USA citizen
> * Peter de Blanc is the .VI ccTLD Registry Manager, USA citizen
> * Ronald N. Weikers is Intellectual Property lawyer, USA citizen
> * Jonathan Cohen is Intellectual Property lawyer, Canadian citizen
>
> STEP 0.
> PRELIMINARY round via email.
>
> In the preliminary round each NC member may cast 3 votes: 19 voting
> NC members, 3 vote each, 57 total.
> The purpose of the preliminary round is to learn (practice of voting
> procedure by the NC) and to show relative preferences between nominees.
> It was resolved that no candidates will be be eliminated in the
> preliminary round.
>
> The ballot of preliminary round will be sent on
>     Monday 11 September 22:00 CET (20:00 UTC)
> All 19 reply shall be received on
>     Thursday 14 September 13:00 CET (11:00 UTC)
>
> STEP 1.
> First round during the NC telecon:
>     Thursday 14 September 14:00 CET (12:00 UTC), 2 hours
>
> The real vote starts. Each NC member may cast 1 vote:
> 19 voting NC members, 1 vote each, 19 total.
>
> *       during the telecon the Secretariat emails a ballot
>         to each NC member, and gives by phone all nominees;
> *       each NC member emails his/her vote back to the Secretariat;
>         those of NC members who cannot email during the telecon,
>         can call the dedicated phone number XXXXXXXXXX
> [...]
begin:vcard
n:Jennings;Dennis
tel;cell:+353 87 220 8225
tel;fax:+353 1 495 1324