RE: [council] DNSO meetings in Yokohama

Kathy:

The ICANN Board chose the 15th and 16th of July in order to accommodate
various Directors' schedules.  The local hosts have kindly made available
(for free) a range of rooms on the 14th and 17th of July;  however, the
conference center is not available prior to that.  DNSO groups are of course
welcome to meet earlier than 14 July, but you will have to make (and pay
for) your own meeting arrangements.

Quite contrary to your view, I think it's a good thing for the DNSO to
organize its own meetings, according to its own preferences.  That way, we
won't end up with a ccTLD constituency squeezed into a room that is far too
small.  (As you may have noticed, I'm a very sorry meeting planner -- it's
light-years outside my core competencies.)

I'm delighted that Hiro Hotta has offered to serve as the DNSO's central
coordinator.  I'm sure the organization for Yokohama will be as effective as
it was in Cairo.

--Andrew