[council] RE: Cairo preparations

Andrew,

I have sent few days ago a message to the GA list noting that the Cairo
deadline approaches, but it seems that there is a lack of enthusiasm to
participate in a physical meeting.

Personally, I thing it is a *wrong* thing not to have a GA in Cairo, for the
following reasons:
- we have actions started from previous meetings that need to be taken
further (discussion about individual DN holders constituency, just to name
one);
- the location in Cairo will give the chance to some people in North Africa
to participate directly - this may not happen again very soon;
- a physical meeting with webcast may make us do substantial progress in the
formation of a "real" GA.

OTOH, I made it clear on the list before the elections that I will be unable
to attend the physical meetings, due to the fact that my current employer is
not interested in Internet governance and I cannot afford to pay trips for
meetings from my own pocket. Therefore, I am not in the position to push for
a physical meeting that I will be unable to attend myself.

The matter could be different if Harald would be able to participate, of
course.

Regards
Roberto