[council] Re: Additional note on Cairo study session ==> famous trademark protection

I wonder if it's time to start using David Johnson's deliberation
space...... or some other software tools.

Esther

At 02:32 pm 01/08/2000 -0500, Andrew McLaughlin wrote:
>To the Names Council:
>
>Michael Palage notes that WG-B expects to have its report posted for public
>comment prior to the Cairo meetings.  Accordingly, I think that it makes
>sense to include famous trademark protection as an element of the Board's
>study session on March 9.
>
>Perhaps Michael can suggest how we might structure a set of presentations to
>help educate the Board, NC, and audience with respect to the issues before
>WG-B.  Time considerations will be important, of course, so perhaps it makes
>sense to think of presenters who can present a range of positions, and not
>just advocates for a single particular point of view.
>
>--Andrew

Esther Dyson			Always make new mistakes!
chairman, EDventure Holdings
chairman, Internet Corp. for Assigned Names & Numbers
edyson@edventure.com
1 (212) 924-8800    --  1 (212) 924-0240 fax
104 Fifth Avenue (between 15th and 16th Streets; 20th floor)
New York, NY 10011 USA
http://www.edventure.com                    http://www.icann.org

PC Forum: 12 to 15 March 2000, Scottsdale (Phoenix), Arizona
Book:  "Release 2.1: A design for living in the digital age"
High-Tech Forum in Europe: October 2000 - probably Barcelona