RE: [council] Comment deadlines

Caroline --

	I think both views have merit.  On the one hand, the overall comment
period was sufficiently long that I don't think anyone can complain of
being unreasonably rushed.  On the other hand, I really don't think there
would be any negative reaction from the WG if the deadline were delayed for
a few hours, and there might be some negative reaction, from the supporters
of the request, if the deadline is not extended.   (Given that -- for
better or for worse -- a disproportionate number of comments may come in
from the U.S. West Coast, it does seem sort of silly to have a deadline set
at 9am Monday morning for people in that time zone.)  Further, I suspect
that a number of comments may come from people who aren't used to dealing
with international organizations and simply assume, without thinking, that
the deadline is COB in their own time zone -- it seems draconian to exclude
them for a procedural slipup.  So my leaning is to grant the request, on
the theory that in general we should accomodate such requests when it's
harmless to do so.

Jon