From: KathrynKL@aol.com [mailto:KathrynKL@aol.com]
Sent: Monday, January 03, 2000 12:43 PM
To: chicoinc@pepermartin.com; Ted_Shapiro@mpaa.org;
Theresa.Swinehart@wcom.com
Cc: mueller@syr.edu; council@dnso.org
Subject: Re: NC's UDRP WG

Ah, I see your concern, and would normally agree.  However, Professor
Mueller
has officially been designated as my alternate in the NC by the NCDNHC
(replacing Randy Bush).  Thus, he will be participating in this discussion
whenever I am unavailable.

I should also note that as my proxy, Professor Mueller volunteered to
participate in this NC subgroup back in LA, and his name and indeed our
NCDNHC presence on this important subgroup was lost.  This is bad precedent
within the Names Council and engenders bad feeling within the
Constituencies.

Again, I cannot accept Ted's proposal that the NCDNHC only review whatever
proposal the IPC and BC provide us, and not serve as a full-fledged
participant in the process of devising the monitoring group and standards.
We volunteered upfront to be a full-fledged part of the process and we have
reminded you of our commitment.  With the existence of the first case in the

UDRP system, let's move forward with the substance of the matter quickly.

I should also note that I am surprised that a private email discussion
between the subgroup was forwarded to the Council.  I would request that
more
care be taken in the future.

Kathy