[council] NCtelecon Dec 15th, Comments on the GA Mailing lists

All,

On November 19th, Louis Touton and Andrew McLaughlin were visiting
AFNIC in Paris. I used that opportunity to discuss with them the
problems related to the GA Mailing lists and recent problems
(spoofing attacks between Nov 8th and Nov 10th, irrespect of civil
rules, indecent and offending posts, spamming, subscription of
fake characters).

Between Nov 19th and Dec 12th, I provided Louis with the full
record of information to related facts (archives of mail spool after
I stopped the sendmail program on Nov 8th, with tens of messages and its
full headers; copy of indecent and offending posts; explanation
on filtering - who is filtered and why, when the decision was
taken and by whom).
I also provided the same record to a French lawyer, AFNIC legal
adviser.

On December 10th, I meet Louis and Andrew in Pisa, in the margin
of the CENTR meeting, and requested Louis to write lawyer comments.
The ICANN General Counsel advise is attached.

On December 12th I wrote a short summary of the 6 month experience
-- it is called "Year 1999 lessons from the DNSO Secretariat",
http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/1999.SEClessons.html.
I believe my text completes the subject of mailing lists.

Kind regards,
Elisabeth