[council] Next NC teleconference (Dec 6th or Dec 13th, 1999)

> From chicoinc@PeperMartin.com Wed Nov 24 00:37 MET 1999
> From: "Chicoine, Caroline" <chicoinc@PeperMartin.com>
> To: "'Elisabeth Porteneuve'" <Elisabeth.Porteneuve@cetp.ipsl.fr>
> Cc: "'council@dnso.org'" <council@dnso.org>
> Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 17:33:00 -0600
>
> Elisabeth, I seem to have lost the email you sent me about a conference
> that takes place during some of the days I proposed for the next NC
> teleconference.  Can you resend.  Based on the responses I received, it
> is looking as if the week of Dec 13th is better than the week of Dec
> 6th.

==> Caroline,

    We have all track in the council@dnso.org archives,
    the bottom line concerning the next NC telecon was:

              TSW  TSH  REC  EPO  DJE
    ----------------------------------
    Dec  6th   OK  nok   OK   OK   OK
    Dec  7th   OK  nok  nok  nok   OK
    Dec  8th   OK  nok  nok  nok   OK
    Dec  9th  nok  nok  nok  nok  nok
    Dec 10th  nok  nok  nok  nok  nok
    Dec 13th   OK   OK            nok
    Dec 14th   OK   OK             OK?
    Dec 15th        OK             OK?
    Dec 16th        OK             OK?
    Dec 17th        OK             OK?
    ----------------------------------

    I would suggest to the NC to set up the calendar for 2000
    with target dates in place for deliverables in various work areas.

    The main goal of such a calendar is to planify some substantial
    work and to validate a posteriori which amount of work and
    under which conditions may be achieved.

    The NC 2000 calendar needs to take into account, probably,
    some mandatory requirements from the ICANN with the impact
    on the DNSO or the DNSO components.
    Here some raw ideas.

    The list of upcoming events concerning ICANN is:
      March 7-10, 2000 - ICANN Meetings in Africa
      July 15-16, 2000 - ICANN Meetings in Yokohama, Japan
      Sept 27-28, 2000 - ICANN Meeting, incl second Annual Meeting (tentative)

    If you assume montly NC meetings as appropriate work, i.e.
    twelve NC meetings per annum and include the ICANN calendar,
    it leaves 9 NC teleconferences to be scheduled.

    It may happen than some DNSO Working Groups require substantial
    extensive international studies (time, human ressources and
    money consuming) - how proceed ?

    Last not the least - some of the seven DNSO Constituencies
    were given ICANN waivers, (see Special Meeting of the ICANN Board,
    including DNSO Resolutions in:
       http://www.icann.org/minutes/prelim-report-18oct99.htm)
    and have to work out their internal organization rules and conduct
    elections for the NC.

    Kind regards,
    Elisabeth
--

The track "Agenda for next Teleconference" includes:
http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/council/Arc02/msg00073.html, by Dennis Jennings