Re: [council] NC telecon, Oct 27th, agenda

Greetings,

I apologize for not requesting an entry in AOB earlier, but finally my
work has caught up with me.

If we have time, I would like to put forward a proposal (not yet drafted
but hopefully I can complete this tomorrow night before the
teleconference) requesting the ICANN board review its requirements
for only citizenship for geographic diversity for Names Council
representation.  I believe some other constituencies (in addition
to the Registrars) consider that membership is based on organization,
so requiring citizenship is often not rational.

Specifically I will be proposing that the NC request the ICANN board
to substitute "citizens or long term residents of more than 2 years"
in place of "citizens" of a region to meet geographic diversity
requirements.  If we have time tomorrow, I would like to discuss this
to get a sense of what the NC may think about the issue.  I realize
this is not a critical issue, but it might be wise to submit this in time
for the LA meeting.

Granted there is a lot of work to do, so if there is no interest in
pursuing this now, we can wait until after LA.

Regards,
Richard

--
_/_/_/interQ Incorporated