[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [council] Post-election steps


After some hours of work I have a full record ready to make public.
Eventually I think that it is much better to disclose all votes,
inccluding b09 and incomplete b10.

Within the next hour I will provide you the rather long file to show
you the main index, and if you agree, we may post it today to the ICANN
and make records public on the dnso.org website.


> From owner-council@dnso.org Wed Oct 20 12:20 MET 1999
> Date: Wed, 20 Oct 1999 19:15:53 +0900
> From: Richard Lindsay <richard@interq.ad.jp>
> X-Accept-Language: en
> MIME-Version: 1.0
> To: mclaughlin@pobox.com
> CC: council@dnso.org, Alejandro Pisanty <apisan@servidor.unam.mx>,
>         Amadeu Abril i Abril <amadeu@nominalia.com>,
>         Jonathan Cohen <jcohen@shapirocohen.com>,
>         Joe Sims <Joe_Sims@jonesday.com>
> Subject: Re: [council] Post-election steps
> Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
> Colleagues,
> Based on Andrew's input tomorrow, we need to confirm the elections,
> and notify the ICANN board by next Tuesday the 26th.  I do not think this
> means we cannot conduct an audit and review of the process, but
> we cannot wait until the audit is complete.
> I will be submitting a proposal that we both confirm the election results
> and submit them to the ICANN board.  Perhaps we could use the
> Votebot system one more time, for the purposes of validating this
> proposal - Elisabeth, one more round?  Does any one have any objections
> or alternative proposals?
> Regards,
> Richard
> Andrew McLaughlin wrote:
> > [ 3.  How does the delay in results affect your timeline below?
> > [ Are we now the "non provisional Names Council?"  Obviously we
> > [ want to do step 2 and 3 on the next teleconference, but we don't have
> > [ enough time to announce one for this week I fear.  We discussed
> > [ next week, around the 27th, would this be too late?
> >
> > As of yesterday (see my next email), the NC has been given full recognition by the ICANN Board, so you can take the confirming vote at any time.
> >
> > Yes, the 27th is too late.  The absolute, drop-dead deadline for confirmation and notification is the 26th.  I see no reason why the NC could not conduct its confirmation vote by email.
> >
> > --Andrew
> --
> _/_/_/interQ Incorporated
> _/_/_/System Division
> _/_/_/Director and General Manager
> _/_/_/Richard A. S. Lindsay