RE: [council] Draft Statement

Hi - thanks for all of everyone's work...

Three points:

1) are we publishing the correct result for round one 'publicly', i.e.,
posting, or only making it okay to discuss with constituency members.  I
thought we were not publishing results until the end of the voting for the
slot; as opposed to the rounds. My comments at the end of the draft
statement go into that.

If I'm correct in my thinking, then suggest that the last sentence be
changed to say that the 'Names Council has addressed and resolved the issue
correctly and is now proceeding with the elections'. Or something to that
effect.

2) in an article I received today there was reference to the voting. I
thought the last sentence was nicely phrased, referring to the delay in
elections. I just mention it here as it is a good way of stating it, and we
may want to paraphrase if appropriate:

"The results of that race were due tomorrow, but the election will not be
completed until Monday because of technical difficulties in the online
voting system being used."

3) I'd also like to suggest some edits to the statement below: they are in
CAPS.

Theresa