[council] The Way Forward - Authority

Colleagues,

Some of you, I know, are concerned about the NC authority to decide the way
forward in this election process.  I have discussed this with Andrew
McLaughlin - and he assures me that we do have the authority to decide and
proceed based on that decision.  We are performing a function as part of
our role as an advisory body to ICANN and we have full authority to do this
provided what we do is consistent with ICANN's by-laws.

(Andrew - have I stated this correctly ?)

Thanks
Dennis