RE: [council] FW: Miscounted vote in Ballot 8

Nigel:

My advice is based upon general principles of US corporations law.  I remind
you that the Names Council is not a government;  it is an advisory body
within the ICANN structure.

The circumstances behind the mis-tallied ballot are straightforward and do
not involve malicious intent on anyone's part.  [See Elisabeth's email of
earlier today.]  The only question is how best to proceed -- how to prevent
further NC time being wasted on inefficiencies while at the same time
ensuring that the process is fair and transparent.

--Andrew