[council] L.A. meeting tech ==> cost recovery

To the Names Council:

It's time to make decisions about meeting technology for the L.A. DNSO
meetings.

My current plan is to hire the Berkman Center team to provide realtime
multimedia webcasting and remote participation services, as they have done
in Singapore, Berlin, and Santiago.  The total expected cost for four days
of services is approximately $27,000 (includes labor (set-up, broadcast, and
strike), equipment, network connectivity, software licenses, travel, etc.).
The DNSO will account for at least 40% of the total anticipated broadcast
airtime.

In the past, ICANN has subsidized the DNSO's total share of expenses.  Even
so, the DNSO has not yet reimbursed ICANN for *any* of the webcasting
expenses incurred in Berlin and Santiago.

What I need to know from the Names Council is whether the DNSO is willing to
pay for the Berkman Center's webcasting and remote participation services
for its Monday constituency and working group meetings (some of them,
anyway) and Tuesday GA and NC meetings in L.A.  It seems to me that the
DNSO's fair share of the total cost is at least $8000.

--Andrew