Re: [council] DNSO Elected Board Members

Richard Lindsay wrote:

>Just a couple comments on this to wrap up my Monday
>evening...  While I welcome any discussions about what kind
>of people we want on the board, realistically there is still much
>to do, and not much time.  I am not convinced that discussing
>this on a telephone conference call would be effective.  I think
>email might be more appropriate as it would give us time to
>think about this very important issue and share our thoughts.
>Especially for non-native English speakers, email is a better
>avenue I think.

Great!.  Agree 100 %

>However senior the Board members we chose, I think they
>should have a healthy relationship with the Internet.  That is,
>they should be heavy users, be accustomed to getting 500 to
>1000 emails a day and not be bothered.  They should be able to
>adapt to new technologies and new ways of doing business such
>that they can participate electronically, and feel at ease.

Here I agree with you 101 %.

>I think for the at large ICANN Board members, we can have
>senior policy members who may not be as close to the
>Internet but have experience in leadership and international
>policy making groups.  However, primarily, I believe we should
>fulfill our role as the Domain Name Supporting Organization,
>so our Board members should be very comfortable hanging out
>in the General Assembly during the coffee breaks...
>
>Actually the DNSO should be advising all  ICANN board members,
>at least that is what we are supposed to be doing.
>

>I have heard some very good things about Carl Bildt in the
>past couple days, although I do not know of him personally.
>I would like to know if he has any experience related to
>Domain Name issues specifically, also I don't believe he
>has accepted the nomination yet.

agreement 102 %.

When i read the list  of candidates i feel that there are some candidates
that are extremely good, but are more appropiates to be representatives of
the At Large community than DNSO representatives.

We have to elect people involved in the DNSO activities. It could be
participating in some constituencies, in the GA or in the WGs, but the
candidate should have an important level of compromise with the Domain Name
issues.

Raul Echeberria
raul@inia.org.uy