[council] DNSO Elected Board Members

Dear NC Colleagues,

I would like to discuss the election of ICANN Board members by the DNSO NC
 -  not in terms of the individual candidates - but in terms of the sort of
people we should elect to the Board.

I feel that we need ICANN Board members who do not come from a single
constituency or carry a constituency agenda.  I think we need senior people
with a proven record of dealing with high level policy issues who will be
able to debate the issues (advised by the DNSO through briefing papers and
discussions), and make objective decisions.

That's why I have nominated Carl Bildt for election.

I would like to have a discussion about this on the NC - to help us inform
ourselves about who we should elect.

Thanks
Dennis