From: Dr. Nii N. Quaynor [mailto:quaynor@ghana.com]
Sent: Monday, October 04, 1999 4:04 PM
To: General Assembly of the DNSO
Subject: [ga] GA Adcom Election Committee

Dear All,

There is consensus that an elected GA Adcom should be established. We have
subsequently received a number of suggestions on preferred election
procedures and also relations to the NC, including potential bylaws
modifications.

In the meantime, we should advance the process by forming a small group, an
"election committee" from the GA to draft the election announcement and
manage the voting. We believe that a simple method is  preferred and each GA
member should have a single vote to cast for each regional seat.

Members of the election committee, in fairness to all contestants, should be
persons who do not intend to run for a GA Adcom seat.

This is therefore a call for three voluteers to kick of the process. The
volunteers should be recommended and the volunteer must accept.

The election committee needs to be in-place by October, 9. We allow for 2
weeks of nominating candidates for the Adcom and a week for voting
just-in-time for LA when the Adcom will be installed.

Nii