[council] Now on the timeline

Hi,

My previous e-mail had as purported subject line "trying to be clearer".....

Anyway, let me turn now on¡to the timescale as I have understood it.

A) Period goew between October 8 (closure of nominations) and Ocober
15 /the deadline as suggested by the ICANNBoard).

A) the inital, multple.vote, olling round.

My assumption is that all that is feasigle should be done thru e-mail.
As this rounds decides nothing, simply states the references of each
candidate with three votes and eliminates those with ultramarginal
support, and the names will most likley be knwon beforehand, I guess
that allowjng the whoele weekend is more htan enough, as proposed.

NC members are supposed to return a ballot thru e-mail to the
Secretariat form Friady night late (or earlu monring, depending on
your area) to Modnay at the usual telconf time. Hope tht all NC
members will find the minutes required duting the weekend, or will
wake up earlier on Monday ;-)

B) "Real elections" should be carried thru working days, not the
wekend. Ie, form Monday to Friday.

C) Each of the three consecutie elections will take multiple rounds of
voting. Most likely, the first anelecton will take longer thatn the
second, and the second lionger than the third.

As we have five days, the proposal put forwad by the Secretariat
allows two days at maximum for the first election, two days at maximum
for the second and one day for the third. It is hoped that NC is able
to use less time than that, but the schedule has to take into account
worst scenario.

D) This leaves as with Monday and Tuesday for first election;
Wednesday and Thursday for the second and Firday for hte third.

Between election and election there is always, even ifn the worst case
scenario, 34 hours break in order to consult if necessary (OK, it is
in fact 21 hours....). This was expressely asked by some NC members.

But there is NOT 24 hours break between each roun within the elction
of a given director. Doing this will unncessarily delay the lections
by days or weeks, without any added advantage, as each member is most
likley to have a preerred set of nominees for aeach round already predifined.

E) For this system to work, we cannot use "non simultaneous e.mail"as
the only tool . We have to make sure that all membvers of NC are prsnt
at certain given and predefined times available for "instant" votes.

Again, this is what I interpret form Elsiabeth's combined proposal.
Please correft me if I am wrong.

Amadeu