Re: [council] Election of Permanent NC Members

At 01:43 AM 21/09/1999 +0200, Amadeu Abril i Abril wrote:

>The reasons for this new elections are twofold: on one hand, at the
>moment of those early elections, most people within each constiuency
>did not knew one each orther. It is not surpsing that so many
>"consituency promoters" are sitting here riht now (Javier, me,
>Michael, Raul...and many others). This gives a decisive advantage to
>those taking the leadeershiop in the preparation, and penalises those
>joining it.

Thank you for your mistake Amadeu. It is a great opportunity to explain
other NC members the situation of NCDNHC.

Neither I nor YJ were "constituency promoters". David Maher, Milton
Mueller, Randy Bush, Willkinson, Kathryn, Donald Heath and others were the
real NCDNHC promoters.

I started to participate in the discussion about NCDNHC formation after
Berlin meeting.

It show us that I had the opportunity to join the original group and I won
my space. Nobody "penalised" me.  I believe I explained it very well in the
ICANN Board public meeting when I spoke on behalf of NCDNHC. And I spoke in
spanish, so there was not any language misunderstanding between us.

NCDNHC never elected interim NC members. We preffered wait to organize us
better and we had election after we had a good charter.

We elected NC members only for 6 month because we want to improve our
charter, but is not necessary. We would like to have a better charter.

I'm really worried about OTHER CONSTITUENCIES because you spoke (and write)
very much but we don't have any specific news about dates to have elected
the permanent NC members from other constituencies, and we don't know what
are all constituencies doing to apply geographical diversity criterias.

NCDNHC is the UNIQUE constituency that is complaining all rules established
by the DNSO and ICANN bylaws and resolutions.

- We have a charter approbed by the ICANN Board.
- We had a fair election in august.
- We are working in improve our charter.
- We have three NC members (citizens and residents) from three different
regions.

Please, Amadeu, I like the most of your positions, but don't spend time in
attack us.

Best Regards,

Raul Echeberria
raul@inia.org.uy