De: Nigel Roberts <nigel@nic.gg>
Para: Amadeu Abril i Abril <Amadeu@nominalia.com>
CC: Dennis.Jennings@ucd.ie <Dennis.Jennings@ucd.ie>; 'Javier'
<javier@aui.es>; 'council@dnso.org' <council@dnso.org>
Fecha: Martes 14 de Septiembre de 1999 05:23
Asunto: Re: [council] Dennis' motion geographaiversity (support thereof)

It /has/ to be residency, becuase such a clause specifying "citizenship"
is actually **illegal**, in the UK at least.

I will be forwarding more information on this shortly.

In any case, the 'Citizenship' clause would allow for the reduction ad
absurdum possibility that -- in theory -- all ICANN Board Members could
be "US persons" (i.e. live in the USA) providing they hold various
passports from the right parts of the world".

Clearly wrong and undesirable.