Re: [council] Some Thoughts on the Elections Process

Yes, but the technical electoral problem is simply this:

Where there are 3 Board seats elected by each SO,
and 5 regions, the output of the election process to the
ICANN board is /not/ going to be geographically balanced over
the 5 regions, because at each stage two regions are excluded
from representation and there is no guarantee at all of overall
balance of representation.

Any such guarantee can only be made by considering the
make-up of the Board AS A WHOLE not in the sub-components.

And as Amadeu now seems to have confirmed my understanding
that Dennis is indeed the person co-ordinating the sub-group
considering these matters, is it too much to ask that this
discussion take place within that sub-group to which, I am
sure, all submissions are more than welcome.

Nigel