Re: [council] Nomination / Voting procedures - DNSO ICANNBoard member

Well, since Dennis has a task force set up to examine this, I would
suggest
input is sent to that task force and that a report is done, circulated
14 days in advance of the LA meeting and a decision taken on its
contents.

But while we are on the subject, the ICANN bylaws require the following:

1.	3 candidates to be elected
2.	the electorate is the members of the Names Counci
3       each successful candidate have
        "over 50% of the affirmative votes of the NC members".

I personally also favour something like Javier's plan.

There are well researched voting systems around the world which fulfil
the
all the above criteria, i.e.  whereby each successful candidate has
"over 50%
of affirmative votes" (direct quote from ICANN bylaws) and
preferential voting, as Javier is suggesting in his email.

Now I would suggest that, to avoid any criticism that we are again
doing the work of properly appointed sub-groups, I might
suggest that if you agree (or disagree) with  Javier's points you send
your input direct to Dennis as the co-ordinator of the Board Elections
task force (which I also volunteered to be a member of).

Nigel