Re: [council] Nomination / Voting procedures - DNSO ICANNBoard member

Maybe I am wrong, but I don't remember creating this task force.

Also, we need to elect our directors before October 15th, which means that
we have to decide on this issue very quickly.

I propose the following resolution for our next teleconference:

Resolved that:

1) Any person nominated by a member of the DNSO and supported by at least
nine other members before october 8th, 1999 will be considered as candidate
for ICANN Board membership by the DNSO.

2) A public comment e-mail address will be opened immediatly. All
nominations a support for nominations should be sent to this address. No
other nominations or shows of support will be considered.

3) A wide public call for nominations will be done as soon as the list is
set up.

4) The election will take place between october 8th and october 15th. Each
member of the Names Council will cast three votes for three different
candidates.

5) After the closing of the voting period, the secretariat of the DNSO will
send to the Names Council a list of the Candidates with the number of votes
received by each one of them. The following candidates will be recognized
as DNSO ICANN Board members:

a) The candidate with the largest number of votes (Board Member "A").

b) If there are candidates from regions different from the region of Board
Member "A", the candidate from another region with the largest number of
votes will also become a DNSO member of the ICANN Board (Board Member "B").
If there are no candidates from other regions, the candidates in second and
third place will become Board Members "B" and "C".

c) If there are candidates from regions different to those of Board Members
"A" and "B", the candidate with the largest number of votes who is not from
those regions will be considered Board member "C". If there are no
candidates from other regions, the candidate with the largest number of
votes (excluding Board members "A" and "B") will become Board Member "C".

6) Board member "A" will serve for three years. Board member "B" will serve
for two years and Board "Member "C" will serve for one year.

Javier