Re: [wg-e] [Part 2: Information Material] LA ICANN Interview - Part 3

From chon@sequoia.kaist.ac.kr  Mon Nov 22 13:35:04 1999
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 13:40:21 +0900
From: Kilnam Chon <chon@cosmos.kaist.ac.kr>
To: wg-e@dnso.org
Cc: Kilnam Chon <chon@cosmos.kaist.ac.kr>
Subject: DNSO WG-E Part 3: Outreach

Would like to form the group to work on DNSO WG-E Part 3: Outreach.
Here are some of the cases to be studied.  Would like to have more inputs
on this matter.

There are several people volunteered to join the Part 3 or being contacted
so far, and need more volunteers;

	YJ Park		APTLD Internet Seminar Tour
	(IPC)		IPC Meetings
	Jeff Graber	(tutorials)

will also add the initial issue list to be discussed.

chon
								1999.11.21
Case Studies on Outreach Seminars and Tutorials

1. APTLD Internet Seminar Tour
	KL, Seoul, Bangkok, Beijing, Hong Kong,...

2. Intellectual Property Constituency of DNSO
	various cities around the world(7 or more cities so far)

3. (more)

								1999.11.16
Issues on Outreach

1. what are the primary schemes for outreach?
2. how effective are tutorials and seminars?
3. how do we secure instructors and train them?
	what about the presentation materials and brochures?
4. what are we learning from some of the outreach efforts such as
   AP Seminar Tour?
5. how effective are video programs?