[wg-e] Part 3 Seminar and Tutorial for Outreach

Dear wg-e members,

2.2 Outreach Seminars and Tutorials
1. APTLD Internet Seminar Tour
    KL, Seoul, Bangkok, Beijing, Hong Kong,...

Regarding this "APTLD Internet Seminar Tour",
I'm posting the related documents Kilnam has made earlier.
There are two versions such as 1999 and 2000.

I hope this document would bring you more vivid vision on
what we have to do in the coming future.

Regards,

YJ
=========================
AP  Internet Seminar Tour 1999
=========================
Organized by APIA and APTLD

1. Schedule

1999.07.19  kuala lumpur
1999.09.23  taipei
          10.06  seoul
          10.08  bangkok
          10.18  beijing

2. Program

The seminar covers the Internet governance and Y2K in the following schedule;

    Morning: Internet Governance(Primary Speaker: YJ Park/Names Council Member)

Internet Governance - Overview 90 minutes
ICANN, DNSO,...
AP* Organizations 30 minutes
APNG, APIA, APTLD,..
Discussion including on Participation 30 minutes

    Afternoon: Y2K and Internet(Primary Speaker: Izumi Aizu/APIA Director)

Y2K and Internet - Overview 60 minutes
Y2K and Internet - Detail 60 minutes
Discussion 30 minutes

This is the one-day seminar with optional discussion meetings before
and/or after the seminar.

3. Financial Arrangement

APTLD and APIA will send 2-4 speakers on their expense.  The local host
provides the local arrangement including the room and board of the speakers
as well as the meeting expense.

4. Presentation Materials

Kilnam Chon and YJ Park, Internet Governance, 1999.9.2
Izumi Aizu, Internet and Y2K, 1999.8.

See www.aptld.org for the draft presentation materials.

5. Remark

We are looking for similar tours in 2000 with visiting 10 cities or more
to complement the central meetings at APRICOT and others.  The new program
will be developed, and the review meetings will take place in Los Angeles
in November 1999 and in APRICOT in February 2000.

The following cities are considered in 1999(and more in 2000);

bangkok
beijing
hong kong
kuala lumpur
manila
seoul
singapore
taipei

We may start the 2000 tour with the new program in January if we can develop
the progarm in time.
AP Internet Seminar Tour Program for 2000 - first draft
Part 1. Internet Governance Overview and ICANN

overview/history
icann
board
SOs