[wg-e] [quaynor@ghana.com: Committee E: Suggested Questions]

this is the message sent to javier from Committee E.
will post again .

chon
From: "Dr. Nii N. Quaynor" <quaynor@ghana.com>
To: <javier@aui.es>
Cc: <chon@cosmos.kaist.ac.kr>, <orobles@nic.mx>
Subject: Committee E: Suggested Questions
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 1999 12:53:41 -0000

Domain Name Supporting Organization

Committee E=20

Awareness and Outreach

=20
Committee E is requested to develop a document responding to the =
following questions:

0. Generic Issues

0.1 Target

who are we looking to reach? who we do not want? what is the degree of =
emphasis? is it the professional or the citizen?=20

0.2 Awareness

publication: what are we going to publish? how often? what is the =
medium? who are the readers?=20

public relation: what kinds of PR issues anticipated?  what are the =
effective presentation methods?=20

0.3 Outreach

what are the barriers to reaching members? Are there cultural =
impediments and how to manage? how do we achieve multilingual =
multilingual communication? what specific efforts should be made to =
reach developing/emerging countries?=20

1. General Assembly

1.1  Target

how is a GA member different from ICANN At-Large member? why must one =
join GA? what are benefits for members? what is lost if dont join?

1.2 Awareness

what is the message? what information do we want to be known? who are we =
addressing ? potential GA member or wider Internet community? how do we =
know(measure) progress in awareness? what are geographic objectives?
=20
1.3 Outreach

How do we make it easy to become a member? how do we attract the =
interest of potential members? what would potential members want? what =
verification do we want for members? what obligations do members have? =
how do we communicate? advertizing and how? how do we leverage on other =
organizations? which organizations? other channels eg. registries?=20

2. Constituency Specific

2.1 Target

who can be a member? is there a potential members list? what are =
benefits to members? is sponsorship permitted and which type?=20

2.2 Awareness

what messages are sent to audience? how do we monitor progress in =
awareness? what are geographic objectives? is there a critical mass goal =
(number of members in constituency) ?

2.3 Outreach

What does it require to become a member? how do we make membership =
attractive? what would potential members want? How do we simplify =
application process? how do we communicate? advertizing and how? direct =
contacts?

3. Finance

what is the budget for a years program? How is this financed?

------=_NextPart_000_00D8_01BECA0A.1282D380

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>
<DIV>Domain Name Supporting Organization<BR><BR>Committee E&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Awareness and Outreach</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>Committee E is requested to develop a document responding to the =
following=20
questions:<BR></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>0. Generic Issues<BR><BR>0.1 Target<BR>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>who are we looking to reach? who we do not want? what is the degree =
of=20
emphasis? is it the professional or the citizen?&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR>0.2 Awareness<BR>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>publication: what are we going to publish? how often? what is the =
medium?=20
who are the readers?&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR>public relation: what kinds of PR issues anticipated?&nbsp; =
what are=20
the effective presentation methods?&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR>0.3 Outreach<BR>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>what are the barriers to reaching members? Are there cultural =
impediments=20
and how to manage? how do we achieve multilingual multilingual =
communication?=20
what specific efforts should be made to reach developing/emerging=20
countries?&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV>1. General Assembly</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>1.1&nbsp; Target</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>how is a GA member different from ICANN At-Large member? why must =
one join=20
GA? what are benefits for members? what is lost if dont join?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>1.2 Awareness</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000>what is the message? what information do we =
want to be=20
known? who are we addressing ? potential GA member or wider Internet =
community?=20
how do we know(measure) progress in awareness? what are geographic=20
objectives?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>1.3 Outreach</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>How do we make it easy to become a member? how do we attract the =
interest=20
of potential members? what would potential members want? what =
verification do we=20
want for members? what obligations do members have? how do we =
communicate?=20
advertizing and how? how do we leverage on other organizations? which=20
organizations? other channels eg. registries?&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>2. Constituency Specific</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>2.1 Target</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>who can be a member? is there a potential members list? what are =
benefits=20
to members? is sponsorship permitted and which type?&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>2.2 Awareness</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>what messages are sent to audience? how do we monitor progress in=20
awareness? what are geographic objectives? is there a critical mass goal =
(number=20
of members in constituency) ?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>2.3 Outreach</DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>What does it require to become a member? how do we make membership=20
attractive? what would potential members want? How do we simplify =
application=20
process? how do we communicate? advertizing and how? direct =
contacts?</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>3. Finance</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>what is the budget for a years program? How is this =
financed?&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00D8_01BECA0A.1282D380--

----- End forwarded message -----