[wg-e] [quaynor@ghana.com: draft charter wg-e]

this is the first message on DNSO Committee E(Awreness and Outreach) Charter.
will post again.

chon
Subject: draft charter wg-e
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 1999 10:38:08 -0000
-------------------

Domain Name Supporting Organization

Working Group E

Awareness and Outreach

Working Group E (WG E) is requested to develop a document responding to =
the following questions:

1. General Assembly

a. Target: who are we looking for? who we do not want? how is a GA =
member different from ICANN At-Large member? why must one join? what =
benefits for member? what is lost if dont join?

b. Awareness

what is the message? what information do we want to be known? who are we =
addressing ? potential GA member or wider Internet community? how do we =
know(measure) progress in awareness? what are geographic objectives?

c. Outreach

How do we make it easy to become a member? how do we attract the =
interest of potential members? what would potential members want? what =
verification do we want for members? what obligations do members have? =
how do we communicate? advertizing and how? how do we leverage on other =
organizations? which organizations? other channels eg. registries?

2. Constituency Specific

a. Target
who can be a member? is there a potential members list? what are =
benefits to members? is sponsorship permitted and which type?

b. Awareness

what messages are sent to audience? how do we monitor progress in =
awareness? what are geographic objectives? is there a critical mass goal =
(number of members in constituency) ?

c. Outreach

What does it require to become a member? how do we make membership =
attractive? what would potential members want? How do we simplify =
application process? how do we communicate? advertizing and how? direct =
contacts?
=20