Re: [wg-d] Interim measures: second thoughts

On 7 September 1999, Randy Bush <randy@psg.com> wrote:

>> not enough of the WG members are willing to compromise.  (In particular --
>> in my personal opinion -- some of the folks most interested in a
>> slow/sparse/highly controlled rollout seem unwilling to make even small
>> concessions.)  On that basis, I'm willing to agree with Javier that option
>> (v) is our only realistic choice.
>
>amazingly enough, the folk of the slow/cautious opinion say very similar
>things about your position ('interesting' that a co-chair has a position).
>as the general net.wisdom is that the slow/... can later be changed to a
>faster rollout, but not vice verse, it would seem that a compromise may be
>possible, even if it is not one you prefer.

1)  "net.wisdom" is not an authoritative or verifiable source for input
    to this discussion.

2)  This is WG-D.  Arguments about the substance of WG-C should be
    conducted there.

3)  You've never had any trouble having a position while maintaining
    positions as chair or representative.  I'd think twice before
    throwing stones, Randy.

Please limit yourself to constructive, on-topic input in this group.

--
Mark C. Langston	LATEST: ICANN refuses	Let your voice be heard:
mark@bitshift.org  to consider application for       http://www.idno.org