Re: [wg-d] "Interim Measures"

Javier wrote:

>(v)  Ask the working group to prepare -as the output of the WG- a report
>with all the different views that have been presented in the discussions.
>It is not the output that we would have desired, but it does not look like
>we can go any further.

Another good option. What would you think about requiring that each
report contain the following elements?

   (a)  a detailed overview of the proposal;

   (b)  a full analysis of who and what systems
        might be impacted by the proposal;

   (c)  the specific steps that would be necessary
        to take to implement the proposal;

   (d)  the costs and risks, if any, of implementing
        the proposal and how they would be be borne;

   (e)  a statement of which stakeholders have
        been consulted about the proposal and what
        support the proposal has in the various
        stakeholder communities.

(These come from the list suggested in an earlier post by a WG-D member,
see:
http://www.dnso.org/wgroups/wg-d/Archives/msg00158.html)

Such a proposal might also have a place for "rebuttals," so that once
each group had read the others' reports, they could have time to draft a
short reply.

It might then be helpful to publish the report for a public comment. You
might even allow each group to revise (hopefully, compromise) their
reports prior to submitting a final output of the WG to the NC.

I encourage others to join this thread, as we need to have something
specific to send to the NC by the middle of next week.

       -- Bret