[wg-d] Threads as Motions Was:(First pass at Robert's Rules)

Mark --

I personally agree with your conclusion (below) that most of the formal
details of motions under Roberts Rules -- withdrawals, repeals, etc. --
may be unnecessary for online working. Since a list allows distributed,
asynchronous debate, we do need a way to make motions though and tracking
them.

What about the idea of treating a new thread as a motion? As is the
custom on lists, if it is worth discussing, it will be discussed. If not,
it will die for lack of interest/support. When a crtical number of
members have chimed in to the motion/thread, the chairs can call a vote
or state that they see consensus (subject to having a member disagree and
call for a full vote).

Thoughts?

    -- Bret