Re: [wg-d] NC Elections. Was: ga] DNSO General Assembly - Revised Agenda

On Mon, Aug 16, 1999 at 10:38:46AM -0700, Karl Auerbach wrote:
[...]
> > Sure.  Here's precisely how the NC would rewrite something:
>
> "would rewrite something".  That is not a citation of authority.

I cited the authority for each step.

[...]

> "The NC is responsible for the management of the consensus building
> process of the DNSO."

A statement that "X is responsible for Y" does not mean that X has no
other responsibilities.

In fact, of course, the responsibilities and powers of the NC are
spelled out in detail in a number of specific provisions in the
Bylaws, some of which I referenced.  For example, the NC has the
responsibility for passing recommendations to the ICANN Board -- that
is not "managing the consensus process".  It also has the
responsibility (and the power) to vote on proposals -- that really
isn't part of "managing the consensus process" either -- it is an
independent decision step.