Re: [wg-d] NC Elections. Was: ga] DNSO General Assembly - RevisedAgenda

> On Sun, Aug 15, 1999 at 06:56:18PM -0700, Karl Auerbach wrote:
> >> Karl, I haven't forgotten anything.  I am just refuting the utter
> >> nonsense you have been spreading that the NC "can't change a single
> >> comma".
> >
> > Please cite your authority, with precision, with specificity, by chapter
> > and verse of the ICANN bylaws.
>
> Sure.  Here's precisely how the NC would rewrite something:

"would rewrite something".  That is not a citation of authority.

The scene you draw completely disregards the fact that the the NC's role
is merely to manage the consensus process.  Your scenerio slips in
substantive decisionmaking, and yet you still have not managed to cite any
source of authority for that.

> Actually, section 2(b) says that the NC can do "as it sees fit".

You should read the entire sentence.  Those full sentence is: "It [the NC]
shall adopt such procedures and policies as it sees fit to carry out that
responsibility, including the designation of such research or drafting
committees, working groups and other bodies of the GA as it determines are
appropriate to carry out the substantive work of the DNSO."

And what is "that responsibility"?  It's from the preceeding sentence:

"The NC is responsible for the management of the consensus building
process of the DNSO."

So sure, the NC can do "as it sees fit" in the limited context of
"management of the consensus building process of the DNSO".

In other words, you still have utterly failed to cite any meaningful
authority and you continue to twist the plain meaning of the words.

		--karl--