Re: [wg-d] NC Elections. Was: ga] DNSO General Assembly - Revised Agenda

> In my opinion your interpretation is incorrect.  "Nominated by a member
> of the GA" is a legitimate meaning of "nominated by the GA".  If a body
> has no structure, then that is the only reasonable meaning.

an equally reasonable meaning, but still probably not completing the set, is
that it is majority vote.

>   (d) The GA shall nominate, pursuant to procedures adopted by the NC
>   and approved by the Board, persons to serve on the Board in those
>   seats reserved for the DNSO.
>
> Therefore, the obvious thing to do is to charter a working group to
> develop those procedures...

i see who approves but not who proposes.  hence the suggestion of a wg is
merely that.

>> But all of this assumes that the GA has a mechanism for deciding what the
>> nomination mechanism will be.
> The mechanism for deciding policy is to form WGs or drafting or
> research committees, and have the NC vote on the result.

you omitted the "in my opinion."

randy