Re: [wg-d] Robert's Rules

At 12:19 AM 11/08/1999 -0500, David Schutt wrote:

>The solution is vigilance by everyone. The voter roles should be
>published, and anyone should feel free to sample or spot check for
>phantom voters. Closing registration (even if its just the list
>membership) at some point in time before the voting commences can help
>to prevent vote packing.

Hello David,

Good to see you here in this WG.

In Cyberspace it is actually easier to police ballot box stuffing than in
Chicago :-)

The polling booth we use for the IDNO constituency has a good safeguard:
the booth  generates  individual passwords for the whole voter's roll. Only
the voters on the roll can get in. No one can vote twice.

If Javier and Randy do not object, we could use it to facilitate the work
in this WG.
It also allows each voter to comment on the vote topic, so that looking at
the results gives an automatic overview of minority opinions, etc.  This is
handy for maintaining discussion threads without the "noise".

--Joop Teernstra LL.M.--  , bootstrap  of
the Cyberspace Association,
the constituency for Individual Domain Name Owners
http://www.idno.org