Re: [wg-d] Robert's Rules

Dear Karl, and all,

will someone go over Robert's rules carefully and signal out the most
serious mismatches with cyber work? Lest someone have already done this
work, it will sure take a few days and will open a series of discussions.

Till then I think we should start from Robert's Rules and be prepared for
some conflict about the applicability, practicality or specific
implementations of them.

Let us prioritize consensus over voting and be ready to vote when in
doubt. I would propose an intermediate stage, or a way of assessing
consensus, in which at given points in discussions the chairs, or by
initiative of anyobody else, we take a census of opinions, and try to
discuss only or first the points of dissentment.

I *am* worried about a couple of issues, which remain outstanding:

1. Phantom voters. While we have not had such cases yet, as the
organization grows and the issues heat (yes, it will be hotter), phantom
voters will become a menace. Not only Turing proof machines, just real
hired employees for example.

2. Exclusion of frequent fliers of the disruption track, and other
matters of civil discourse.

What experience can we collect in cyberspace (let's not reinvent the
wheel) on these two issues?

Alejandro Pisanty
     Dr. Alejandro Pisanty,
     Director General de Servicios de Computo Academico
     (Director, Computing Academic Services)
     Universidad Nacional Autonoma de Mexico (UNAM)
     Ciudad Universitaria, 04510 Mexico City DF MEXICO

Tel. (+52-5) 622-8541, 622-8542; Fax 622-8540