Re: [wg-d] WG Principles

>>We don't have corporate or organizational votes for Congress or the
>>President of the United States.  Indeed, I know of no country that allows
>>any but flesh-and-bone people to vote for governmental bodies.
>>
>So I ask, Why should any organization have a weighted vote in ICANN?
>People are far more important than organizations, and far more important
>than ICANN. We, the people, should decide on policy matters.

What if:

- I don't have the spare bandwidth to participate in a particular debate
- I am a member of an organization that *is* participating in the debate
- The members of my organization have authorized one person to speak
  on their behalf

Are there any circumstances, short of individual proxies, that would
allow that organization to carry with it into the debate the added
authority of the members who did not have the time to participate or vote
individually?

(Keep in mind that if the answer is "no" and that the alternative
solution is to ask all of an organizations members to vote online, then
we also need to address whether we have the technological capability, or
funding, to handle such voting or verify it.)

     -- Bret