Re: [wg-d] Co-chair nominations

> could all three candidates and those entering the list later on make a
> brief statement of who they are, kind of where they come from, a paragraph
> on where they want the DNSO to go to, and why to vote for them? Candid
> self-assessments of possible conflicts of interest or position, like the
> one already provided by Elisabeth Porteneuve, would surely be most
> welcome.
>
> Am I right?
>
> Alejandro Pisanty

Election Statement for the co-chair of WG-D
(DNSO Business Plan and Internal Procedures).

I've been involved in the networking work for years,
and had a chance to see the very beginning of the Internet,
a time when evangelisation were needed to convince many,
even telecom operators, that it makes sense and have future.
Once the killer application -- World Wide Web -- arrived,
and that powerfull tool get understood by many, another
rush started. The rush for IP numbers and for domain names,
both with tremendous economical impacts.

Some wisedom need to be reached on the global, international
scale concerning the management of the public ressource of
domain names and concerning the global economy.
This is the work for the DNSO, including procedural matters,
and I think that my personal experience may be usefull
in this international forum.
In the context of Working Commitees with two co-chairs,
I strongly support the cultural diversity, i.e. they should be
from two different geographical regions.

Elisabeth Porteneuve
--

Brief Summary of Experience

Now:
- Network Manager at CNRS(CETP) and Adviser to AFNIC, France.
  AFNIC (Association Francaise pour le Nommage Internet
  en Cooperation) is a non for profit private organization
  managing French top level domain names.
  CNRS (Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique) is a
  French public research organization, similar in some way
  to the NSF (National Science Foundation).
  CETP (Centre d'etude des Environnements Terreste et Planetaires)
  is a research laboratory of approximately 150 persons
  working on the space and environmental program.
- Elected Director of CENTR (Council of European National
  Top level domain Registries)
- DNSO voluntary secretariat since June 2th, 1999
- Hosting "Paris Draft" group working on the DNSO proposal in
  February 1999.

In the late 1980's and 1990's:
- Member of differents European groups setting up
  international connectivity with the NSFNET
- Vice-President of EARN France in 1989/90, working
  with EARN-Europe and many Polish collegues to connect
  Poland to EARN/BitNet networks
- Member of differents French and European groups
  setting up international connectivity between space
  agencies
- Internet Society Pioneer

Education:
- Mathematics at Warsaw University
- Computer Science at Paris 6 University (Pierre et Marie Curie)

Languages:
- bilingual French/Polish, medium level of Russian