[wg-d] Moving Forward

DNSO Listadmin wrote:

> [ To: council@dnso.org, wg-b, wg-c, wg-d, wg-e, wgchairs, liaison7c ]
> [ To: ga@dnso.org, announce@dnso.org ]
>
> [ from http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/19991126.DNSO-GAchair-procedures.html ]
>
> ICANN/DNSO
>
> Nomination Procedures for the Chair of the General Assembly (GA)
>
> November 26th, 1999.
>
> Nomination Procedures for the Chair of the General Assembly (GA)
>
> 1. The nominations period shall take place starting
>
> Friday November 26, 1999 at 18:00 Central European Time (CET) through
> Friday December 03, 1999 at 18:00 CET (local time in other places)
>
> 2. Any member of the GA may make a nomination.
>
> A member of the GA shall be any natural person who at the
> time of the nomination (or endorsement as set forth below)
> is:
>
> * subscribed to the GA-ga or GA-announce lists;
> * subscribed to a working group list; or
> * a Names Council member; or
> * a member of a DNSO Constituency.
>
> Note: A person with multiple email addresses is only counted
> once.
>
> 3. Nominations should be emailed to the DNSO Secretariat at the following
> email address: ga-nominations@dnso.org and use the provided Template
> for nomination.
>
> Nominations will be archived at:
> http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/ga-nominations/Archives/maillist.html
>
> The nomination should include at least the following
> information:
>
> * the name and email address of the nominee,
> * the name and email address of the nominator, and
> * type of GA membership (i.e., GA-ga subscriber,
> GA-announce subscriber, Working Group subscriber, Names
> Council member, or DNSO Constituency member).

> Template for nomination:
>
> 1a. Full name of the nominee:
> 1b. E-mail address of the nominee:
> 2a. Full name of the nominator:
> 2b. E-mail address of the nominator:
> 2c. Type of GA membership:
> (GA-ga subscriber, GA-announce subscriber,
> Working Group subscriber, or DNSO Constituency member)

> 4. Any nominee can express his/her acceptance or declination from the time
> he is nominated, until 3 hours after closing the nomination period.
>
> If no acceptance is expressed in the period, he/she is thought to have
> declined.
>
> The acceptance period close on
>
> Friday December 03, 1999 at 21:00 CET
>
> Acceptances should be emailed to the DNSO Secretariat at the following
> email address: ga-nominations@dnso.org and use the provided Template
> for acceptance.
>
> After the deadline of acceptance, the list of accepted nominees is
> published http://www.dnso.org/dnso/notes/1999.DNSO-GAchair.html and the
> endorsement period begins.
>
> The acceptance should include at least the following
> information:
>
> * the name and email address of the nominee,
> * background information about the nominee, and
> * statement of the nominee's objectives in the role as
> [...]
Now that the year end holidays are behind us, I thought we should really
find our way quickly to the end of our work. Since this Working Group was
chartered just prior to the Santiago meeting, it would be nice to finish
within two meeting cycles, which means having a completed work product by
the Cairo meeting.

To that end, we had a productive meeting in person in Los Angeles, the notes
of which were posted here some weeks ago. At that time, we proposed a number
of changes to the earlier draft. As I recall, Mark Langston and Dan
Steinberg agreed several months ago to work on the follow-up draft. If they
are still available and interested, I'd suggest that we (and anyone else who
is interested) revise the current draft over the next week and work on the
following schedule:

 Small Drafting Group
 Revision Posted to WG-D.....................January 14, 1999

 WG-D Internal Comment
 and Revision Period.........................January 21, 1999

 Public Comment Period Begins................January 24, 1999

 Public Comment Period Ends..................February 25, 1999

 WG-D Revisions Based on
 Public Comments.............................March 3, 1999

 Submission to Names Council.................March 6, 1999

I hope that's workable. It's the best timetable I can see based on the time
that is left, though any suggestions would be welcome.

Also, anyone who would like to work over the next week on the small drafting
committee to get the next internal draft completed, please let me know.

Happy 2000,

       Bret